The Why and The What

 Why did I start a blog?

Writing began as an outlet and coping strategy for me ever since middle school. After encouragement from a few teachers and friends, I said,  “Alright, so I’ll start posting my poetry!” In reality, I backed out and didn’t post anything because I was scared. Remember, poetry to me has always been a personal outlet, and to let strangers into my emotional world was terrifying, is terrifying still. I managed to procrastinate this whole blog thing for a few years. Yet, it still nudged me. I felt in my heart that I needed to share my personal poetry and to share my story. I know that I am not the only one who has demons that they battle with on a daily basis. I know there are people out there that still think they are alone. If I can have a chance at helping them, I want to. I know God wants me to. That’s His spirit nudging me all these years. Okay, God, I’m paying attention now. So, after a few God intended validations from friends, a “coincidental” church message and a longing to share God’s work in me, here I am. 


What will this blog be about?


Mental illness awareness is something I am passionate about. What I think is more important is mental health and freedom and peace. I want to share how it is possible to thrive even though I still struggle with mental illness. In other words, I want to share how God has taught me to live in His freedom and to receive His peace, even while I am not wholly healed. This life is available to every individual. Yes, even you. Do you doubt it? That’s okay, I did too. I want this blog to be a space where you can know that you are seen and that you are loved by a God who is good. He is a heavenly Father who provides, who heals and who loves more than you can imagine. We don’t deserve it, but He gives it to us anyway. Ready to receive it? Just ask.

    I pray my writing only points to the Peace He gives us to live in every day and is the work and words of the Holy Spirit. To Him be the glory. Amen.


In His Peace,


-Megan Token ✌


Comments