Poetry: Moon Clouds

Insight of the Clouds and the Moon


(Photo taken by a peer)





I gaze into the shrouded sky 

 
and cry 
 
for where is your face when I need it? 
 
but alas 
 
a gleam of blue light 
 
softly lit up my surrounding 
 
a sparkle in my eye 
 
I lift my chin 
 
to see behind the curtain 
 
revealing the moon 
 
gently glowing 
 
and realize 
 
you are always there 
 
no matter where the clouds are going 
 
for the seasons change 
 
the wind blows 
 
the clouds come and go 
 
but you will always stay the same 
 
always watching 
 
always casting 

 

a light 
 
no matter how faint 
 
and when the night is over 
 
you prevail 
 
as the sun 
 
still burning light into my world 
 
my eyes 
 
and the clouds pass through 
 
but your rays still reach me 
 
never ceasing 
 
always the same 
 
 
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” - James 1:17 
 
 
Written by Megan Token on November, 2017 

Comments